Spring can be said to be the start of new beginnings. And the Lord has promised us a season of Divine satisfaction.
And in view of His promise we need to give thanks to Him.
Psalm 103: verses 2-5 ‘Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.’
The word thanksgiving can be defined as the expression of gratitude, especially to the Almighty God. One of the great commandments is to give thanks to God, for all He has done for us. According to Psalm 100:4, we are to enter His gates with thanksgiving, and into His court with praise, be thankful unto Him and bless His name. Christ Himself is the perfect example of obeying this commandment.
What is the effect of thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving will draw our hearts out to God and keep us engaged with Him, thanksgiving will take our attention from ourselves and give the Holy Spirit room in our hearts.
Benefits of thanking God?
According to Psalm 103:2 the bible says Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits. Amongst the many benefits of thanksgiving are:
- Giving thanks to God unlocks many doors
- Whenever thanksgiving goes up, showers of blessings automatically comes down – Psalm 100:5
- According to Romans 1:21, thanksgiving keeps our lives clear of darkness, anxiety, sin and deception.
- It draws us closer to God.
How can we show thanksgiving to God?
- By remembering Him in our thought, our words, and our deeds. It is impossible to give gratitude to God if we never think or speak of Him.
- By identifying His Lordship over our lives. Counting our blessings and to realize that we are who and what we are because of God.
- By giving thanks in prayer. We should thank God as often as we pray that we should have His spirit in us to teach us to pray.
- By praise
- By repentance. Always being conscious of our wrongdoings and confessing our sins is a way of showing gratitude to God.
- By expressing gratitude to others. Showing gratitude to people and helping others is a way of showing gratitude to God. Matthew 25:40 Jesus said, “Assuredly, inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, you have done it unto Me.”
- By giving we can show gratitude to God. Acts 20:35 God blesses a giver more. It delights God to see His people gladly opening their hearts and hands to provide for the needs of His church and indeed of all His creatures.
As God begin to unfold His blessings unto us this year let us always show gratitude to Him. May His blessing not elude us this year. Please don’t hesitate fellowshipping with us at:
RCCG – NEW COVENANT HOUSE, LITTLEPORT, ELY,11 VICTORIA STREET, CB6 1LU
We meet every Sunday 10:30am – 12:30pm.
God bless as you come….