Littleport Leisure re-opened its doors on Saturday 1st August and it was so pleasing to welcome so many members back to the Gym. The Bar and Café area have not re-opened which means we can focus all of our attention on the Gym and Sports Hall users. If you are one of the many people who are wary about returning to exercise then we hope that the following guidelines will reassure you that we are doing all that we can to make your return a safe and comfortable one.
Our new opening hours are:
Monday to Friday 10am to 10pm
Saturdays 9am to 8pm
Sundays 9am to 1pm
At present, you are required to make an appointment for your time in the Gym and we are allowing 1 hour per person, although where possible we will allow up to 2 hours. You are also required to book for any classes. Booking in advance for both Gym sessions and classes is necessary and payment will be required upon booking. We have moved some of our equipment into the Dance Studio, which means that we now have three spacious areas where you can enjoy your workout in a safe environment. We also have the terrace area for those of you who like to exercise in the fresh air.
Other points to note are:
- We now have a one-way system in the Main Gym to help keep users safe at all times.
- The changing rooms are not currently open, this is in line with the government recommendations. Please ensure that you arrive wearing your appropriate sportswear.
- We have made changes to our class timetable so that we can offer as many classes as possible whilst meeting the government guidelines.
- Payment is preferred by card/contactless as we would like to limit the amount of cash handling where possible. We want our staff to feel safe and so disposable gloves will be worn when handling cash.
- When you arrive for your appointment you are required to complete the government’s test and trace form. We need to maintain cleanliness throughout and so to enhance the high standards that we already adhere to, you are issued with your own sanitiser and cloth to keep with you whilst using the Gym. We ask that you clean down the equipment before and after each exercise. This includes the wiping down of exercise mats, weight machines and all free weights. We also have members of staff helping to maintain the cleanliness of all areas. There will be hand gel available to you as you enter the Leisure Centre and again before you enter and exit each room. We ask that you maintain social distancing at all times and respect all other users.
We have introduced maximum numbers for each training area, they are:
Main Gym – 15 people
Dance Studio – 10 people
Fitness Studio – 4 people
The current classes on offer are:
- Circuits – Thursday 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Beginners Circuits – Thursday 6:15pm to 7:00pm; Saturday 3:30pm to 4:15pm
- Pilates – Monday 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Yoga – Tuesday 6:30pm to 7:30pm; Friday 10:30am to 11:30am
- HIIT – Tuesday 5:30pm to 6:00pm; Wednesday 6:00pm to 6:30pm
- Boot Camp – Friday 10:30am to 11:15am
If you would like to visit our Facebook page ‘Littleport Leisure Centre’ you can view a video that we filmed prior to opening. It guides you through our new procedures and is very informative.