Littleport has a really great social and sociable venue that provides fun and entertainment for the whole community from 0 to 100 plus! Whether it’s darts, pool or dominoes that interests you or seeing sport on the big screen, playing Bingo and a ‘Saturday night out’ with live bands or a quiet sup with friends on other days – not forgetting the different groups like Slimming World and youth club ThePort.
It’s run by a hard-working committee who are indeed committed to ensuring the Littleport Ex-Servicemen’s Club is a vibrant and forward looking meeting place for the village. The Club is also the Mustering Point for the annual Remembrance Day parade. And FUNdraising!
As well as the official Coffee Morning to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support by Littleport Ex-Servicemen’s Club on Friday September 24, the committee decided to add on two more events.
These were not specially arranged, but the regular Wednesday night Bingo and the Saturday night entertainment were also dedicated to this good cause.
A Macmillan collection box was passed round during the Rockin’ Revival family hop by Club general secretary Peter Ginn who was pleased to say that they achieved the wonderful total of £1,056.50p! This was presented to Macmillan in the form of a giant cheque!
Dates for your Diary:
Unless otherwise stated 8.30pm til late
• December 4 Soul Intentions
• December 11 Simon Rose
• December 12 at 3 pm Littleport Brass in Concert
• December 18 a private party booked for the hall but the members bar is open of course.
• December 19 a Sunday Kids Christmas Party
• December Friday 31st New Year’s Eve with The Spree by ticket only’
• January 8 The Littleport Players pantomime Cinderella at 4 pm
• January 15 Dan Starr
• January 22 Coast
• January 29 private party but members bar open as usual
• February 5 Blue Thunder
• February 12 Glitz
• February 26 Jump The Trax
• A Family Night is being planned for March 5