Joy says this cake is easy to make and very tasty. A popular recipe from previous editions of the famous BeRo Home Recipe book.
Milk Chocolate Cake
- 200g (7oz) Self Raising Flour
- 225g (8oz) Caster Sugar
- 1 x 2.5ml spoon (half tsp) Salt
- 25g (1oz) Cocoa Powder (sieved)
- 100g (4oz) Butter or Margarine
- 2 medium Eggs
- 5 x 15ml spoon (5 tbsp) Evaporated Milk
- 5 x 15ml spoon (5 tbsp) Water
- Few drops Vanilla Essence Method
- Heat oven to fan 160 cent, conventional 180 cent, Gas 4.
- Grease 2 x 20.5cm (8 inch) tins, if loose bottomed tins, line with grease proof paper otherwise mixture will run out.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and cocoa.
- Rub in butter/margarine.
- Beat eggs with milk.
- Stir egg mixture, essence and liquids into the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Place mixture in prepared tins and bake for about 25 – 30 minutes
- When cold sandwich and top with Milk Chocolate Icing.
Milk Chocolate Icing
- 60g (2.5oz) Butter or Margarine
- 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) Cocoa Powder
- 250g (9oz) Icing Sugar sieved
- 3 x 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) Hot Milk
- 1 x 5ml spoon (1 tsp) Vanilla Essence Method
- Melt butter/margarine, blending in cocoa, then stir in icing sugar, milk and essence.
- Beat until smooth and thick.